Vaginal steaming (vaginal detox) is all about using steam and proper herbs to cleanse the vagina.
In Chinese medicine vaginal steaming is used to relieve coldness and stagnation in the body where in Eastern medicine it is used to relax pelvic floor muscles, provide oxygenation, increase blood circulation and dilate the blood vessels.
What to know about vaginal steaming?
- After your period is the best time to do vaginal steaming and it is discouraged during it.
- If you believe you may be pregnant, you should also avoid vaginal steaming.
- 20-45 min lasts vaginal steaming and you should avoid using steam too hot or too close so as not to irritate or burn the sensitive vaginal tissue.
- Do not forget to make sure that you are knowledgeable about the herbs you use.
Herbs for Vaginal Health
- Rose petals
Vaginal-steam bath at home
- Boil 1gal if filtered water and then add fresh or dried herbs
- 1 cup of herbs is the recommended dose for dried herbs. Fresh herbs are more concentrated and potent than dried herbs so triple the amount of dried herbs if you use fresh herbs.
- You should boil the water for 10 min and steep off of the stove for 5 min.
- In a bigger bowl, pour the herbal water. Sit on a chair without your underwear.
- Tent over the bowl by putting a blanket or towel around the waist.
- Steam the vagina for 20-30 min.
- After the steaming, it is absolutely normal to have vaginal discharge or cramping, especially if you are doing this procedure for the first time.
Watch the video bellow to learn more >
Source: Cure And Joy
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.