Rice is abundant in starch, and there are certain studies which advise us to cut down starch absorption. So, some people stopped eating rice and some people eat it only occasionally.
The body converts starch into sugar very easily, thereby causing blood sugar spikes and crashes. Consequently you have bigger cravings and want to eat more even though you have just eaten a lot.
So, how can you fix this problem?
The answer to the problem is coconut oil!
How is this possible?
Coconut oil enters the granules of the starch during the cooking process and it makes the sugar unaffected by the digestive enzymes. In this way the sugar doesn’t break down and it is not digested. Next, you need to put it in the fridge for 12 hours and the rice sugar will be turned into a resistant starch. The RS levels of the rice won’t be affected by reheating it.
How to Prepare it?
Put a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil into water that is boiling. Next, add the rice and cook for as long as necessary. This is an excellent method to fix your rice cravings. Moreover, this can promote the weight loss process as well.
An Excellent Way to Lose Weight
This recipe is known as rice and peas in the area from where it originates. However, you will need kidney beans for it.
This recipe is totally satiating, and abundant in fiber and flavor. All of this is because the kidney bean, which is an incredible ingredients. Kidney beans are abundant source of fiber which reduces cholesterol. Because of the high content if fiber, they prevent blood sugar spikes. These beans are particularly beneficial for people with diabetes, hypoglycemia or insulin resistance. When consumed in combination with whole grains like rice, they provide protein which is almost fat-free and high-quality. Furthermore, kidney beans have been related with reduced risk of a heart attack.
The coconut milk will add a creamy taste and fullness which is going to keep you satiated. Coconut milk is abundant in healthy minerals, B vitamins and fiber, so it is an amazing choice.
- Kidney beans- 1 can (drained and rinsed)
- Garlic- 2 cloves (minced)
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Bay leaf- 1
- Cajun or Jerk seasoning- 1 teaspoon
- Rice- 1 cup (long-grain)
- Chicken stock- 1 cup
- Sea salt or Himalayan pink salt- ¼ teaspoon
- Virgin coconut oil- 1 teaspoon
- Make sure that you have all of the ingredients and you will also need an oven-safe pot with a lid.
- Put in the coconut oil, coconut milk, bay leaves, garlic and Cajun or jerk seasoning. It needs to simmer on medium heat.
- Then, add the salt, chicken stock and rice.
- Next, cover it and bring it to a boiling point. It needs to simmer for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, till all the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
- Then, add the beans.
- Take out the bay leaf.
- You can add more protein if you like.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.