Balancing the hormones can be easier if we balance the things we eat. Actually, dietary changes play an important role in hormonal balance and health issues.
Generally, hormonal fluctuations are considered normal. Nevertheless, if the hormones are out of balance, it can be very harmful for the body and the mind. Implementing some small changes like incorporating more healthy fats in your diet is an excellent way to make sure that you care for your hormonal health.
It is quite delicate to keep the hormones balanced. Hormones represent chemical messengers and they are very interdependent. Some of the hormones are testosterone, progesterone, estrogen, cortisol, and insulin.
Junk foods, and those high in sugar in particular can stimulate insulin release. Insulin is responsible for reducing the blood sugar by taking it from the cells so that it can be utilized as energy or it gets stored for later. If a person consumes high amount of foods which stimulate insulin, then the blood sugar reduces. So, the hormonal and the health of the thyroid are dependent on the blood sugar levels.
Why Are Healthy Fats So Important?
Healthy fats are critical for stabilizing the blood sugar levels, thus balancing the hormones. In order to keep your hormones balanced, you need to consume foods in long, medium and short-chain fatty acids. Healthy saturated acids are vital for keeping inflammation and blood sugar levels low. In order to balance progesterone and estrogen levels, you need to consume omega-3 fats.
Fat-Rich Breakfast Alternatives
Elixir for Balancing the Hormones
This elixir, which is rich in fats will stimulate the immune system, stabilize your blood sugar levels and make your skin radiant.
- Ghee-1 or 2 tablespoons
- Collagen from great Lakes- 1 tablespoon
- Dandy Blend- 1 tablespoon
- Cacao powder or Elixir- 1 tablespoon
- Coconut oil- 2 teaspoons
- Honey or other sweetener- to taste
- Hot water- 2 cups
Blend all of the ingredients together till they become smooth. Enjoy!
Avocado Green Smoothie Rich in Fats
This smoothie is abundant in greens and healthy fats, and it is excellent for hormonal health.
- California avocado- 1, small
- Fresh spinach- 1 ½ cup
- Frozen pineapple chunks- 1 cup
- Frozen peach slices- 1 cup
- Unsweetened coconut milk- 1 cup
- Orange juice- 100 %, ½ cup
Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend till they are creamy and smooth.
Hormone Smoothie with Maca Powder and Coconut Oil
This smoothie, which is rich in nutrients is an ideal way to start your day.
- Water- 2 cups
- Hemp seeds- 2 tablespoons
- Sesame seeds- 1 tablespoon
- Raw Spirulina- 2 teaspoons
- Maca powder- 2 teaspoons
- Chia seeds- 2 teaspoons
- Coconut oil- 1 teaspoon
- Ripe banana- 1, frozen or fresh
- Put the hulled hemp, sesame seeds and water in a blender and blend for about a minute till you get raw milk.
- Then, add the banana, coconut oil, chia, maca and Spirulina. Blend for one minute.
- Consume it on an empty stomach.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.