Brussel sprouts are an incredible cruciferous vegetable which has a number of health benefits, including cancer prevention and antioxidant properties and you must incorporate it in your diet.
Brussel Sprouts and Its Health Benefits
- Antioxidant Support
This vegetable contains a number of vitamin antioxidants such as vitamins A and C, flavonoid antioxidants like sorhamnetin, kaempferol and quercetin. These antioxidants help the cells of the body which face risk of oxidative damage, usually caused by overly reactive molecules that contain oxygen.
- Cardiovascular Support
Cruciferous vegetables can reduce the risk of a number of cardiovascular problems like heart attack, atherosclerosis and ischemic heart disease.
- Anti-inflammatory Support
Since this vegetable is rich in nutrients, it can help you prevent excessive and chronic inflammation. Glucosinate is a nutrient which helps the body to regulate the anti-inflammatory system and stem inflammation.
- Digestive Support
There are approximately 4 grams of fiber in a cup of Brussels sprouts. Moreover, they make sulforaphane, which protects the lining of the stomach by preventing bacterial overgrowth.
Well, we have said about the incredible benefits if this vegetable, now we present you with a recipe which will help you prepare a healthy and delicious meal.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Kosher salt- 1 teaspoon
- Coconut oil, ghee or melted grass fed butter- 3 tablespoons
- Brussels sprouts- 1 ½ pounds (trim the ends and remove the yellow leaves)
- Black pepper- ½ teaspoon (freshly ground)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put all of the ingredients in a large and re-sealable plastic bag. Seal the bag and shake it well so that the Brussel sprouts are coated. Put the ingredients in a baking sheet and then in the oven.
- Cook them for 30 to 45 minutes and make sure to shake the pan every 5 to 7 minutes. You need to lower the heat if they start burning. When they are fully cooked, the sprouts should be dark brown, almost black. Take them out of the oven and serve them.
This recipe which is very simple will make it possible for you to enjoy all of the health benefits of this vegetable and also its amazing taste.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.