Sinus infection usually occurs in the wake of allergies, cold or from pollutants in the environment which cause inflammation and swelling. Fungi, bacteria, nasal sprays, deviated septum, nasal polyps, cocaine and cigarettes are also the reasons for this unpleasant infection.
When we talk about symptoms, headache, fever, cough, sore throat, discolored nasal discharge, nasal stuffiness, pressure or pain and facial tenderness are the common signs for sinus infection. Headache when leaning forward and increased sensitivity can also be the symptoms for infection.
Today we are going to present you some powerful natural remedies that will relieve the symptoms of sinus infection. These are the most effective home remedies for sinus infection:
ACV has powerful anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties that really help in the treatment of sinus infection. The consumption of apple cider vinegar at the start of the colds can prevent the developing of sinus infection.
- Put tbsp of organic honey and 2-3 tbsp of ACV into a cup of warm water.
- Mix it well and consume the potion three times a day for one week
2. Nasal Irrigation
Nasal irrigation removes the mucus and clear out other debris from your sinuses. This highly beneficial remedy also keeps them moist.
- Make a mixture of ½ tsp of hydrogen peroxide and a tsp of sea salt in a glass of distilled warm water. You should use this solution for nasal irrigation once a day for a several days until you get better. Do not use it more than once in one day.
- You can also make alternative solution by adding a pinch of baking soda and a tsp of canning or pickling salt. It can be used 2-3 times day for one week.
- Cayenne Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper is an excellent remedy that drains and opens up the sinuses. It also improves the circulation in the body, reduces inflammation and swelling and boosts the immunity.
It is rich in sulfur compounds that eliminate fungi and bacteria. Onion is an effective decongestant that will open up the sinuses.
This extremely powerful natural antibiotic eliminates sinus infections caused by viruses and bacteria. Its antifungal properties especially fight this infection when it’s caused by bacteria.
- Place 2-3 chopped garlic cloves in a pot of boiling water. The inhalation of the steam will do wonders for your health – sinus infection. You can practice the procedure a few times a day.
- You also have to include horseradish, cayenne pepper, garlic and onion into you your everyday nutrition.
This popular herb is another remedy for sinus infection which totally removes the mucus from the nasal passages.
- Put some freshly grated horseradish in the mouth, let it stay until the flavor disappear and then swallow it. You can do this procedure several times a day for a one week.
Ginger is one of the healthiest herbs on the planet with powerful anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and antiviral infections that help in the treatment of this infection. Secretion of mucus is inhibited by the polyhenols presented in the ginger. If you have healthy cilia you will prevent sinus infections and you will filter allergens.
- You have to boil 2 slices of fresh ginger over low heat for 7-10 minutes. Afterwards strain the drink and add some organic honey and lemon juice in ti.
- Consume the tea several times per day until you feel better.
7. Oil of Oregano
Oil oregano oil has antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. It is a powerful immune booster and also reduces inflammation.
- In a half cup of boiling water add some drops of the oil and inhale the steam for several minutes.
- You can also drink mixture between a glass of water and few drops of oregano oil. Consume it twice a day until you get better.
Steam is the perfect choice to clear your sinuses and relieve nasal congestion.
- Breathe in the steam vapors under a hot shower for 10 minutes a day, until you feel better,
This powerful spice has anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antibiotic properties that treat congestion and sinus infection. Curcumin which is compound presented in turmeric clears the airways and heal the swelling in the sinus cavity.
- Gargle with a glass of warm water and pinch of turmeric, few times a day for a several days.
- You can also consume a mixture between organic honey, turmeric powder and glass of hot milk. Consume it daily until the infection clears.
Source: Top 10 Home Remedies
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.