Bone broth is a highly nutritious food, and people who are afflicted with skin issues and allergies should eat it. People from different cultures have been relying on bone broth for hundreds of years due to its nutritional value and its capability to prevent the leaky gut symptoms.
What is Bone Broth?
Bone broth is a broth which is made by using leftover bones and other ingredients for better flavor. In order to prepare this, you need to boil the bones so as to extract the beneficial nutrients which are found in the bone marrow and in the fat, muscle or meat that is still found on the bone.
Apart from being excellent for your health, bone broth is also cost-effective. Continue reading and find out more about the benefits of bone broth and learn how to prepare it yourself.
The Reason Bone Broth is Recommended for You
Bone broth is most probably the best solution for leaky gut syndrome, it prevents food allergies and intolerances and boost the immune system. Moreover, it protect the lining of the gut, strengthens the metabolism and provides the cells which are inside the small intestine with metabolic fuel.
In case you want to lose weight, improve your health or gain muscle, you need to consume one serving of broth on a daily basis. There are certain people who use bone broth for detox. Bone broth consumption aids your digestive system and at the same time detoxes your liver and gut.
Apart from healing the digestive system, bone broth also stimulates the absorption of nutrients. It contains minerals like silicon, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium which are easily absorbed by the body. Some of these compounds can help you deal with arthritis pain and inflammation.
Furthermore, bone broth is an abundant source of collagen, which is a protein that is found in tissue, and especially in cartilage, ligaments, tendons, marrow and bone tissue. The collagen gets extracted when boiling the bones and it becomes gelatin.
Gelatin is effective in preventing food allergies and also prevents irritable bowel syndrome. Moreover, it minimizes the appearance of cellulite and wrinkles.
Make Your Own Bone Broth Like This
There are various ways of preparing bone broth, but according to research, the best way is by combining it with fresh vegetables. These ingredients complement each other and promote the amount of nutrients.
Additionally, you need to use bones from animals that are free of hormones and antibiotics and that have been grass-fed or pasture-fed.
- Take a large pot and put the bones in it. Then, fill the pot with water and put two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. By doing this, you will help to extract the nutrients. Keep in mind that you need to leave enough room in the pot so that the water can boil.
- When the broth is brought to boiling point, reduce the heat and leave it simmer for six hours at the minimum. Chicken bones can simmer for up to 24 hours and beef bones to up to 48 hours.
- Check the broth every couple of hours and remove the layer which develops on the surface. Use different types of food. You can use green vegetables, garlic, onions and carrots.
- Once the broth is cooled, strain it and put it in jars and store it in the fridge.
- You need to warm the broth before using it, but you mustn’t use a microwave for warming it.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.