Everybody likes ice cream, and when I say everybody I actually mean everybody. Ice cream is the best thing to eat after meals. However, ice cream may raise your cholesterol levels, lead to high blood pressure and can even cause diabetes.
So, consuming ice cream comes with a few health consequences. Nevertheless, there is an alternative, which will make it possible for you to enjoy this refreshing dessert, without having to suffer any consequences. What you need to do is prepare a homemade ice cream with turmeric.
Turmeric is an amazing spice which is known for its powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Your turmeric ice cream is going to have these two properties, and you won’t even need an ice cream maker to prepare it. Incredible, right?
Furthermore, this ice cream also contains a number of other natural ingredients, like pecans, coconut milk, cardamom, raw cashews, ginger, maple syrup and cinnamon. You don’t need an ice cream maker because there is no whisking. The raw cashews are going to make the ice cream very creamy. All you have to do is mix them with coconut milk. Moreover, adding pecans to your ice cream will improve its texture.
Make the Homemade Turmeric Ice Cream Like This
- 2 tablespoons of powdered turmeric
- 1 cup of soaked raw cashews
- ½ tablespoon of ground powdered ginger
- 14 ounces of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 3 pecans
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ¼ tablespoon of cardamom
- ½ cup of yogurt
- The raw cashew needs to be soggy. In order to do this, leave it to soak overnight in a bowl which is filled with water.
- Take a normal meatloaf pan and put parchment paper over it. Make sure that the ends of the paper are over the pan’s sides and place the pan in the freezer.
- When the cashews become soggy, make sure to strain the water and blend them in a blender. Then, add the rest of the ingredients as well and blend till the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Next, take the pan out of the freezer after around half an hour and put the mixture on it.
- Then, return the pan in the freezer, and make sure to put it somewhere flat so it is even and can harden at an even pace.
- Leave the ice cream in the freezer overnight.
- Use pecans as a topping if you like.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.