Don’t wait for the summer to come in order to become fit. Here are seven types of exercises that will help you change your look in just 30 days. You do not need expensive equipment to do these exercises that are good for a number of muscle groups. Apart from improving your look and your mood, you will also develop a habit for the future. You need to combine these exercise with healthy lifestyle and nutrition for top results.
Doing planks is quite easy, yet this exercise is really useful for strengthening and toning the core muscles of the back, hips and abdomen. People of different fitness levels can do planks since they are easily modified. If you are a beginner, you may start with a basic plank, and gradually work your way up to most challenging forms.
In order to da a plank you need to:
- Position yourself on the ground, with your face down.
- Put your arms and make sure your shoulders are directly above your elbows, the wrists should be aligned with your elbows in a straight line.
- Make your abdominal muscles and the buttocks tense and maintain that position for as long as possible. Your belly button should be sucked and your body as straight as possible. Breathe all the time without holding your breath. Slowly increase the time of holding that position.
- Take on minute rest between repetitions.
Push-ups are great for firming the chest and strengthening the back, core muscles and triceps. They do not require any special equipment and can be done at home.
In order to do push-ups you need to:
- Position yourself on the stomach with your hands on the ground beside your armpit and push yourself up so that the elbows are rather bent. Tighten your stomach.
- Bend your elbows and your lower body until hanging a couple of inches from the floor. Take one deep breath, afterwards press half-way up and take one deep breath again.
- Redo this again by lowering the back to the lowest point possible, taking one deep breath and returning to the previous position.
Placing the knees on the ground is a less complicated variation.
Lunges are the perfect exercise if you want to strengthen and tone your thighs, hamstrings and buttocks. For even better results, hold a dumbbell in every hand while doing it.
In order to do lunges you need to:
- Maintain an upright position and separate your feet shoulder-width. Place the right leg forward and the left backwards. Start to bend your knees slowly until they reach right angles. Return to your previous position. Do 1 set for every leg, 10 to 15 repetitions.
Squats are very useful for the lower part of the body. They are excellent for toning the butt and the legs and also for strengthening the hamstrings, hips and thighs.
In order to da a squat you need to:
- Maintain an upright position and separate your feet shoulder-width. Draw out your hands. Bend your knees and lower yourself, your thighs should be parallel to the floor and the knees at an angle of 90 degrees. You should keep the back straight and your needs should not go further than the toes. Return to starting position. Do 2 sets, 15 to 20 repetitions.
- Quad opposite arm-leg raise
If you want to strengthen your back, this is the perfect exercise for that. It aims at the core muscles and also the shoulders, hips, buttocks and back muscles.
In order to do this exercise you need to:
- Use your knees and hands to balance the body. Put your hands shoulder-width apart and rather forward, the knees beneath the hips and rather apart.
- Stretch out your right leg and your left hand at the same time. Return to starting position and repeat this with your other side. Repeat 10 times for every side.
- Crunches / Sit ups
This is a perfect exercise for shaping the tummy. There is a clear difference between the terms “crunches” and “sit ups” although they are occasionally used interchangeably. These exercises act differently on the abdominal muscles. In crunches you make smaller moves and you only raise the upper back, while in sit ups you make larger move and you raise the entire back. Sit ups target the abs as well as other muscles in the hips, neck, back and chest. Crunches only target the abdominal muscles. Regardless of what you choose to do, make sure to work your abs first and then the hips flexors.
In order to do crunches you need to:
- Position yourself in the floor with your hands by your ears. Curve the knees, feet on the floor. Raise your shoulders and the upper part of your back. Breathe out as you raise, hold for a second and then breathe in while you are returning to previous position. Make 15-25 repetitions.
- You need to make the same position as presented above (crunches, position A) but this time lift yourself slowly and then bend your body from the waist. Make an effort to touch the left knee with the right elbow, unbend and return to previous position. Repeat with the other side. Make 10 to 15 repetitions for each side.
- Bridge Pose
This exercise originates in yoga and it is usually used for stretching and strengthening the abdominal and back muscles, and to open the chest and lungs as well. To add, it also stretches the hips and strengthens the buttock and hamstrings and the pelvic floor muscles.
In order to do this exercise you need to:
- Pie on your back and put your hands besides your body, the palms faced down. Curve your legs and make sure your feet are flat shoulder-width apart on the floor. Align your knees and your toes. Raise your back and your back and make sure that the shoulder blades remain on the floor. Maintain this position for a couple of deep breaths then return to starting position and repeat a few times.
Do every exercise for 1 to 2 minutes. Take a 10 to 20 seconds break between each exercise.
Select 3 or 4 exercises and do every one for 3 minutes. The break between exercises should be from 20 to 30 seconds. Rotate this seven exercises. Foe even better results incorporate 10 to 20 minutes of fast walking.
Repetition of the first week.
Repetition of the second week.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.