There are certain people who adore baking and they often bake treats which are unhealthy. However, they do not need to give up baking since there are healthier alternative recipes which do not contain outrageously costly ingredients.
Finding healthy recipes is not always easy. However, in this article you can read about an incredibly delicious and healthy recipe for sweet potato brownies. These brownies are gluten free, vegan, paleo and moist and mouthwatering. Moreover, this recipe requires the use of natural sweeteners and not artificial ones, which are harmful for the health.
Sweet potato: Natural, Sweet and Promotes Blood Sugar Regulation
In case you want to reduce the sugar intake, sweet potatoes are perfect for this, since they improve the blood sugar levels in people who are suffering from type 2 diabetes.
Anthocyanin, which is responsible for the orange color of sweet potatoes, has anti-inflammatory properties. It is beneficial for the nerve and brain tissue.
Minerals and Vitamins
Sweet potatoes are abundant in A and C vitamins. This makes them excellent for the immune system. Moreover, they also contain B1, B2, B3 and B6 vitamins.
Sweet potatoes are rich in copper, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, copper, and fiber. When combined, these minerals and vitamins keep the digestion, blood and the whole body in an excellent health.
Did You Know
There are 54 antioxidants in maple syrup and they prevent diseases which are caused by free radicals like cancer and diabetes.
Sweet Potato Brownies
- Mashed sweet potato- 1 cup
- Smooth nut butter of your choosing- ½ cup (cashew or almond butter are the best)
- Maple syrup- 2 tablespoons
- Cocoa powder- ¼ cup
- Carob chips- handful (optional)
- Your oven needs to be preheated to 3500 F and you need to grease a small pan for cake.
- Melt the nut butter with the maple syrup on your stove.
- Take a large bowl and in it add the cocoa powder, the maple syrup, the melted nut butter and the mashed sweet potato and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips
- Put the mixture inti the pan and bake it for about 20 minutes.
- Take it out from the oven and allow it to cool before you slice it and put it in the fridge.
- The brownies are the most delicious when completely cooled.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.