The thyroid gland is butterfly-shaped and it’s found in the center of the neck. This gland plays big and small roles in every body functions, and is the central gland for the metabolism. The thyroid is very important for your health, so if it doesn’t work properly, you are not going to be well too.
According to the New York Times bestselling author and leader of Functional Medicine, Dr. Amy Myer, over 25 million of US citizens have problems with this gland, and almost half of them are not aware about the problem. 90% of abnormal function of the thyroid are diagnosed as hypothyroidism or under-active function. Symptoms are vague, and doctors may spend only few minutes to diagnose the cause when a patient complains about something. That’s why we will show you how to recognize if your thyroid gland is having some problem.
Symptoms for abnormal function of the Thyroid problem:
- Excess weight or difficulties with losing weight
- Depression, anxiety, and mood swings
- Hormone imbalance like low sex drive or irregular periods
- Feeling tired constantly, even if you slept for 8 hours
- Cold feet and hands
- Lose of hair, brittle nails, and dry skin
- Joint and muscle pain
- Brain fog or loss of memory
- Neck swelling or snoring
If you are suffering from any of the mentioned symptoms, you should immediately speak with a doctor, and take the needed test to diagnose the problem. For those who believe that they have thyroid gland problems, you can improve your gland with the following easy things.
10 Easy Things to improve your Thyroid
- Consume iodine supplements and tyrosine
- Go gluten-free
- Consume high quality multivitamins
- Do yoga or another method to deal with stress
- Improve your gut health
- Get 8 to 10 hours of sleep
- Don’t overeat cruciferous vegetables
- Safely remove amalgam fillings
- Work closely with the doctor to detect the main cause for your imbalance
- Reduce chlorine and fluoride from your daily diet
Source > theheartysoul.com
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.